There is a reason why the developer community believes Java is for all—be it a startup, SMEs, or big enterprise. It provides large scale benefits to projects ranging from web and android development, cloud computing, big data, and ML projects.
The language has been in the industry long enough to be called a veteran programming language. For its maturity and versatility, programmers don’t have to start coding from scratch. Further, Java frameworks exist to make the work easier. Three reasons why we still love Java for web and android development:
- It is object-oriented that enables the creation of modular programs and reusable code.
- It is platform-independent that allows programs to seamlessly run on different systems.
- It is an easy-to-learn language created to make programming a hassle-free task.
However, software frameworks are hard to understand; if that’s the case, you can hire Java developers from the best Java development companies.
Here’s the key to finding good Java development services.
To begin with, Java frameworks are tools that come with predefined but customizable code. Developers can reutilize these tools to build web applications quickly. The tool also empowers them to create applications without creating a single code line again and again from scratch.
For instance, the changes should least affect the application in a full-stack web development framework. This means the developer can build and test the application again from scratch with a small configuration. Additionally, the Java framework only accepts Java code and syntax as a rule of thumb.
Now that we are done with the basics let’s explore a couple of popular Java frameworks for 2022 to aid you in the Java development business.
Agility, simplicity, and potency are a few features that set Spring different from other Java frameworks. It is primarily used to build enterprise-level java applications, web services, and microservices.
Big brands like Google, Netflix, and Microsoft use this technology. Extensions of Spring framework like Spring MVC and Spring Boots make it more advanced.
- It supports the reactive programming model for driving efficiency.
- It boasts a large community and ecosystem that has documented a rich supporting library source.
- It involves Java Database Connectivity that limits error to a significant extent.
- It proffers backward adaptability and a seamless testing experience.
- It features IoC and DI that host many other features and functionalities.
Java Server Faces (JSF)
Primarily used for Java Web development, JSF is maintained by Oracle technology. It is a server-side component framework used for building web applications. It focuses chiefly on the performance and displaying a layer of an application. Organizations like Deutsche Kreditbank AG and GmbH uses JSF.
- It has an API representing components that enables designing and managing UI components instead of applying Java and JSF.
- It features libraries that allow connecting components to server-side objects.
- It has a well-defined programming model that facilitates easy maintenance and building of web apps with server-side UIs.
- It features a robust validation process with the capacity of merging AJAX events.
- It supports differentiating between app logic and differentiation.
Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- It features JS files that can accommodate Java source codes to work on the main browsers.
- It empowers programmers with less frontend programming language efficiency to build user-friendly UIs.
- It empowers developers to write client-side applications in Java.
- It has an extended widget library that permits the programmer to address AJAX apps in Java.
A tool that primarily focuses on performance, UX, and accessibility, Vaadin serves as a platform for streamlined Java development. It is used to create web applications containing customizable components.
The latest version of this framework facilitates DOM access right from the Java virtual machine. Additionally, it empowers developers to use recovered elements with frontend JS technologies like Vue and React. DoubleSlash and Fraunhofer are popular companies that use this tool.
- It offers a high-level API to manage technical aspects like server-client communication, data binding, and more.
- The recent version of this tool has categorized the monolithic framework into two components: Vaadin flow and a set of UI components.
- It allows automated client-server communication and routing.
- It has a WebSocket-based server push with Push annotation.
Built on the MVC design pattern, Grails is an automation testing framework that uses Groovy programming language. Despite Grail using Groovy language, it is perfectly compatible with Java syntax and works well with Java Development Kit, Java EE containers, Spring, and more. It is a full-stack framework that has built-in support for RESTful APIs.
- It comes with features that have dynamic formation. It eliminates the need to restart the server.
- It facilitates the easy generating of tags for the view.
- It allows the merging of Groovy and Java.
- It harnesses GORM, an ORM implementation used in Grails. Another way is to use Hibernate instead.
Choosing the proper Java framework for your project entails several factors, but nothing can help you more than knowing your own requirements. With the right resources and help, you can achieve faster market time while developing incredible multi-featured web pages.
This blog has tried to lessen your efforts for finding the best Java framework. We aim to provide information to help you achieve super flexibility in application development with enhanced performance and security.
To know more about app development and what more we can help you.