There are a lot of server-side technologies that are powering the business in an extraordinary way. A food delivery app is changing the way people order food, an online marketplace is changing the way people shop. So basically everything is turning online even if you have to consult a doctor. Doctor consultancy has been available online on video conference which saves the doctors as well as the patient’s time on commuting to the doctor’s clinic.
There are a lot of services that can make your business available for the entire world by developing web and mobile applications. Such services are NodeJS Development, Spring Boot Development, Python Development, etc.
But, Looking at the market trend, there’s a tough competition going on between the two server-side languages NodeJS and Java Spring Boot. There’s a tough competition on NodeJS vs. Python as well. But we will study NodeJS vs. Spring Boot in this blog.
So, let’s study both the technologies NodeJS and Spring Boot to know what’s in there for your business and how NodeJS Development or Spring Boot Development can change your business workflow.
Why Choose NodeJS
NodeJS is a perfect choice when your application requires to deal with complex and intensive data processing. NodeJS can process complex data with ease and that’s why a lot of apps that require intensive data processing use NodeJS. That’s why people hire NodeJS Developers to build their apps.
Pros of NodeJS:
- When your application requires efficient I/O tasks, you can choose NodeJS without giving it a second thought. NodeJS Applications are a great fit when your applications process a lot of Input and Output tasks. For example, an application that takes frequent inputs from the users.
- NodeJS applications consume much lower memory than traditional mobile apps. When your app is built with NodeJS, you can save a lot of memory on your device as NodeJS applications can run even in memory shortage, so it won’t be hard for your device to run the applications built with NodeJS.
- Another big advantage of choosing NodeJS is its Node Package Manager, also known as the NPM. The Node Package Manager is constantly growing and more and more features are being available with the constantly growing Node Package Manager. You can’t deny the fact that the NPM is one big reason to choose NodeJS development for your next business application.
Cons of NodeJS
- Although it is pretty good with data-intensive applications, NodeJS applications cannot perform efficiently when you require heavy computing. So, it will turn you down when there is heavy computing needed for your app.
- Another disadvantage of NodeJS is that it is not mature enough yet. Some bugs and frequent inconsistent versions of NodeJS makes it a little immature. But, you can expect it to be mature enough in the future and build apps on it without any worries.
Why Choose Spring Boot
Spring Boot is another Java framework that allows you to develop production-grade, stand-alone applications. As Spring Boot is based on the Java Spring framework, it inherits most Java functions and features which makes a good choice for you to choose the technology for your next business application.
Due to the Security and the support of multi-threaded programming, Spring Boot Development has been the choice for a lot of people whose first need was the security of their application. There is no doubt about the Spring Boot Application’s security as it is based on Java. So, a lot of people choose the Spring boot framework to develop their business applications whose top priority is security. People who want their app to be secure, hire Spring Boot Developers.
Spring Boot Pros
- One of the main pros of using Spring Boot is the Java community which is mature and fully grown. Whether there is any problem with your application, you just have to post it to the community and active members will surely help you solve the problem you are having with your application. The community is really helpful and friendly. This is one strong reason to choose Spring Boot Development.
- When you choose Spring Boot, you indirectly choose long-term support and maintainability for your application. As Spring Boot is based on Java, you can expect long-time support, so if you are stuck somewhere for your application, you can avail official support to get it resolved.
- Another great advantage of choosing Spring Boot Development is its multi-thread programming. So, your application can handle multiple processes at the same time when it is multi-thread supported, and Spring Boot is popular for multi-threaded programming. Choosing Spring Boot will make your application faster when developed with multi-threaded programming.
- Spring Boot is quite a popular framework and hence it has a large number of resource availability. When you want to implement any particular function in your application, then it may be already available on the internet, and you just have to copy-paste the function and change the variables and class names, and you’re all set! This saves development costs and time!
Cons of Spring Boot
- The biggest disadvantage of Spring Boot is that it utilizes a high amount of memory, unlike NodeJS which consumed a very low amount of memory. So, when your device has limited memory, then Spring Boot might not be the suitable choice for you.
- Another disadvantage of using the Spring Boot framework is that its debugging is quite a tough task to handle, and that’s why most developers get frustrated while debugging the Spring Boot code. We can say it has lots of boilerplate code, which makes debugging a tough and tedious task.
NodeJS vs Spring Boot Comparison
|Highly Scalable||Ease of Modularity|
|Faster in performance||Robust Security|
|Ideal for I/O focused apps||Ideal for CPU intensive apps|
|No Multithreading||Supports Multi-threading|
|Huge Resource Availability||Limited Resources Available|
|A recent technology||Been in the market for long|
To conclude our whole discussion, we can say that both the technologies are amazing in their own way and we cannot really give the best award to any one of them. We declare both the technologies as a winner.
If your application requires a lot of Input/Output tasks, then you should go with NodeJS App Development and if you require a tough, secure and standalone application that requires intensive CPU usage, then you should go for Spring Boot Development.